Medical-grade skincare includes physician-approved brands such as SeaMist MedSpa skincare line and iS Clinical. Both are professional strength and considered medical grade. Perhaps you are wondering what classifies a skincare product as medical-grade skincare and why it is better than over-the-counter products.
In this guide, we will discuss everything you need to know about skincare products that are medical grade.
Medical-Grade Skincare Products
You will find that many over-the-counter products have the intention of treating the same issues as medical-grade products. However, products that you can pick up at your local drug store or beauty counter are not going to compare to those that a doctor or licensed cosmetic provider can prescribe.
Medical-grade products are formulated to penetrate deep into the skin and provide drastic improvements. This is accomplished because of the higher concentration and the number of active ingredients that are used to formulate the products.
One of the biggest differences between the two is the fact that medical-grade products are regulated by the FDA to contain 99.9% pure ingredients. The FDA will also back the effectiveness and safety of the product.
Medical products are supported by scientific research and are carefully formulated to provide the best results. Medical-grade products are more potent and provide faster results that are more impactful.
View this post on Instagram
Do your current skincare products clear your acne? If not, try our Clearing Skincare Kit!✨ An easy four step routine to clear acne, prevent future breakouts, reduce excess oils, minimize post acne marks and soothe skin. 🙌 Swipe left to see the steps! Share this with a friend who would love this.❤ Link in bio to visit our shop.🛍
Over-the-Counter Beauty Products
Over-the-counter skincare can be purchased anywhere without the need for a prescription. The active ingredients are designed to help treat people who have average skin issues.
However, these products are not allowed to go above a specified level. This is the reason why many people use over-the-counter products and do not achieve the results they expected.
Marketing plays a huge role in why individuals continue to buy these types of products. They are not regulated by the FDA but make many promises to improve skin issues. Some of these products may efficiently help care for skin issues, others are simply not strong enough to provide you with the desired results.
In some cases, individuals find themselves using more of the product just to get near the same level of effects that are achieved by medical-grade. However, the truth is, only medical-grade products are formulated and regulated to give you optimal results.
These types of products have scientific findings that prove their effectiveness. All of these things cannot be achieved with products that you can buy over-the-counter.
Where Can I Buy Medical-Grade Skincare?
Shopping at Sephora, Ulta or Target will not gain you access to medical-grade products. These types of products are primarily sold at medspas, dermatology offices, and authorized skincare sites. This is one of the benefits of medical-grade, as you will gain recommendations of products from licensed cosmetic professionals.
These products are regulated and require a prescription from a cosmetic provider. This is why you cannot just go into any store and pick them up. If you have tried over-the-counter products and have not had any success, then it’s time to amp up your skincare with some medical-grade solutions.
Here at SeaMist Medspa in Rhode Island, we offer a large line of products including all the most popular brands of medical-grade skincare. Schedule a consultation to find out which products you should be using. We will do a consultation with a skincare specialist who will help you achieve the results you have been looking for.
Keep reading to find out more about the medical-grade brands that we carry online and in house.
SeaMist MedSpa Products
As a top cosmetic provider in Rhode Island, SeaMist Medspa offers a large line of private label products that are medical-grade. This exclusive brand is customized to cater to all skin types and conditions.
It will provide you with the dramatic results that you have been looking for. Your skin will recover from years of damage, appear healthier, and more youthful. Our SeaMist skincare line is perfect to enhance and maintain any of our in-office treatments.
We have kits as well as individual products available. Our kits are designed to pair products that will help you get optimal results. Plus, you can save 20% off the retail price when buying these products together in a kit.
Some of our favorite kits include:
- Anti-Aging Skincare Kit: The ultimate skincare routine to combat anti-aging. This kit includes Smooth Seas Cleanser, Glow Peel Pads, Calm Sea Serum, Renewing Retinol Serum, Sunrise Sunset Creme, and Sun Tan Defense.
- Brightening Skincare Kit: Perfect for dull and dry skin. This kit includes Sea Scrub Polishing Cleanser, Shine Bright Pads (NO Hydroquinone), Bright Light Lotion, and Sun Tan Defense.
- Clearing Skincare Kit: Ideal for acne-prone skin. This kit includes Seafoam Cleanser, Clear Sky Pads, Refining Retinol Serum, and Calm Sea Serum.
- Eye & Lip Kit: Brightening, firming, and anti-aging eye duo. This kit includes Morning Eye Revive, Revital-eyes, and Lip Plumper.
- Lightening Skincare Kit: Ideal solution for melasma and stubborn pigmentation issues. This kit includes Sea Scrub Perfecting Cleanser, Shine Bright Pads with 4% Hydroquinone, Refining Retinol Serum, Bright Light Lotion, and Sun Tan Defense.
- Sensitive Skincare Kit: Perfect for those who have sensitive skin and rosacea. This kit includes Smooth Seas Cleanser, Calm Sea Serum, Sunrise Sunset Cream, and Sun Defense.
- Summer Fun Skincare Kit: Everything you need to protect your skin against the sun. This kit includes Sun Kiss Defense, Sea Spray, Calm Sea Serum, and Pucker Up Lip Plumper.
If you are just looking for individual products you may try some of these out. Of course, we would recommend products to you at your consultation, which will ensure you get the results you are searching for.
- Calm Sea Serum – Hydrate & Soothe: Contains triple antioxidants and formulated with therapeutic ingredients to help improve and correct a variety of skin sensitivities. Can be used with all skin types, but highly recommended for sensitive skin. Will help decrease the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pore size, and puffiness.
- Clear Sky Pads – Acne Perfecting: Formulated to help individuals who have acne-prone skin. Contains pure 10% glycolic acid coupled with 2% salicylic acid. This formulation is designed to unclog pores and help remove dead skin cells.
- Glow Peel Pads – Exfoliate & Tone: These pads are convenient and will gently exfoliate, moisturize, and assist with the removal of oil and residue on the skin. Perfect for mature and combination skin types.
- Smooth Seas Cleanser – Soothe & Hydrate: Provides a gentle cleanse while hydrating the skin. Soap-free and formulated with soothing antioxidants and botanicals that are designed to protect sensitive skin. Perfect for mature and sensitive skin.
- Refining Retinol Serum – All-Trans Retinol 0.5: Works to diminish fine lines, wrinkles, and help improve skin tone. This retinol serum is paired with soothing green tea polyphenols to help effectively deliver retinol into the skin without any type of irritation. Recommended for all skin types.
iS Clinical Skincare Products
iS Clinical provides medical-grade products that are highly effective, clinically proven to work and provide drastic results. Offering an array of luxurious and potent products, iS Clinical caters to all skin types and concerns.
iS Clinical products are backed by comprehensive studies that provide validation for proven results. SeaMist Medspa offers a variety of iS Clinical medical-grade skincare products.
Some of our favorites include:
- iS Clinical Active Serum: The Active Serum happens to be one of our most popular products. It provides long-lasting results. Formulated to decrease fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone, and is ideal for blemish-prone skin.
- iS Clinical Cleansing Complex: Lightweight cleansing gel that is powerful yet gentle enough to use on sensitive skin. Combines a balance of bio-nutrients, antioxidants, and mild resurfacing ingredients that will provide a thorough cleanse without stripping essential natural oils. Perfect for all skin types and ages.
- iS Clinical Hydra-Cool Serum: Formulated to rejuvenate, hydrate, and visibly soothe the skin. This powerful serum has a combination of antioxidants with essential botanicals and bio-nutrients. Can be used on any skin type and recommended for all ages.
- iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum: Contains scientifically advanced L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), a superior form of Olive Leaf Extract with a pure Vitamin E and A. It is a powerful formulation that will increase antioxidant protection and help improve blemish-prone and aging skin.
- iS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion: This rejuvenating moisturizer is designed with medical-grade botanicals, peptides, and antioxidants. Help keep the skin looking healthy, smooth, and protected all day long. Provides both penetrating and surface hydration. Great moisturizer for all skin types.
- iS Clinical White Lightening Complex: Specifically formulated to brighten the appearance of the skin and moisturizing benefits. Contains a variety of powerful brightening ingredients and medical-grade botanical. Formulated to concentrate on five different contributors to uneven skin tone. Will improve the appearance of mature skin.
Finding the Best Products for Your Needs
Finding skincare products to suit your needs does not have to be overly complicated. Some people find beneficial results with over-the-counter products, but you will never gain the same results that can be achieved with medical-grade.
Medical-grade skincare is backed by scientific research and proof of effectiveness. You can achieve much faster results with medical-grade products. Additionally, a licensed cosmetic professional will be guiding you in the products that you should be using. This will ultimately help you improve the look and feel of your skin that can only be provided with professional guidance.
SeaMist Medspa is dedicated to your cosmetic needs. We help pair products with your specific skin type and issues in mind to achieve a more beautiful, youthful-looking skin. If you have a concern that is not being addressed by using over-the-counter products, we encourage you to schedule a consultation. Finding the best products to suit your needs is only a phone call away!
Learn more about Morpheus8.
View this post on Instagram